Monday, February 13, 2006


Children's Museum

It is so funny how we can sometimes have so much more fun with our children when it is just us! We don't have to be in a group or at a party to totally enjoy the moment. Today we ventured out to the children's museum. Clifford the Big Red Dog was there for Valentine's Day and we just had to go see him. Little bit cried like a banchie, but big man hugged him, high-fived and sat by him for a quick pic. We had never been somewhere like this before. It was far cooler than any zoo or pizza place with games. They had cute little areas set up for make believe of every type. They painted, went grocery shopping, worked at the checkout stand, invented, played dress-up, and climbed through a forest of trees. I love it that people are so open and funny with their children. I like to check places like this out before my husband goes. The forewarning of women hiding in the cave breastfeeding is always a good heads up. My oldest was enjoying the kareoke and while waiting patiently in line for the microphone I asked him what song he thought he would do. We were hearing all these cute ABC songs and Twinkle, Twinkle...he gets up there and belts out, "Who let the dogs out! Woof, Woof." The sweet 70 year old volunteer working that attraction was luckily cracking up! My husband grew up watching sports center and playing Texas football with full pads at 4 years old, so it is always refreshing to see our boys just being little kids. Exploring, learning, playing, and feeding off each other is awesome to see. It makes me once again thank God for the opportunity to be with them EVERY day! Thank you Jesus.

2 comments:

AJK said...

Your well on your way...Jho! Keep up the good work and don't become a computer junkie! Have to keep up with the workouts, keep your eye on the prize! And that would be 2010 Winter Olympics in Beijing. Queen of the Halfpipe, the Snowboarding Supermom!

Shehopper said...

You made me cry today....and then the breastfeeding comment made me laugh. EWWW! You can write in your journal once a day and still do your workouts and become the next Olympian!!

Updated Blog!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time, but please check out my new blog...all of my posts have linked so that was a success! :) MY N...