Saturday, February 11, 2006

Jjo, Not Jlo

Have you ever wanted to know why it is that some days you wish you were someone else? Well, when I was pregnant with my first my little, cute, petite, yoga instructor sister would lovingly call me 'jjo prego'. Needless to say that stuck through my next pregnancy as well.
Ever since we moved we joined one of the many rec. centers in our area. We are not in OK anymore! My husband even made the comment one day that he had not seen one morbidly obese person since we'd been here. You don't go to Wal-Mart and see people in motorized carts because they can't walk otherwise. You can barely find a McDonalds and there is only one drive-thru bank teller with an actual human working in a 20 mile radius. Not so convenient when you have two kids in the car, one of which is usually virus-stricken, but a healthier way of life for sure.
Since the rodovirus, we have missed a week of gymtime!! YIKES! When I was teaching plus doing most of what I do now, I never would have considered joining a gym. No time! Now that I have been going all but one day a week, I feel like I am going to just fall over with a heart attack for missing. I even called my buff, blue-eyed brother to try to arrange with his gym back home for me to visit while I was going to be in town. It is like an addiction.
Like many other things in my new life as Wonderwoman, I have decided if God is giving me this opportunity then I need to sieze it. I need to overdo it. I need to go to that rec. center and change something, meet people and share my excitement for being there. I need to show my boys how important fitness and healthy living really is to our family. My diabetic husband has gone from a 52 waist when we arrived to a new 'hot' 46. Eating better seems to come easier with me being a bit more prepared on the meals and shopping trips. The new cartoon Lazy Town is not hampering our progress any either with my oldest now always wanting 'sports candy' (fruit/veggies). I am loving it!
The problem with missing lies in the devil creeping back into every aspect of eating, mood, motivation, and recovery. You see, I am not exactly your picture of perfection. I have wide 'hippos' (as my 3-year old niece lovingly called them), extremly thick hair and a 2-head instead of 4 leading me to some pretty short hairstyles none of which are desirable with a chubbs face, I would be a great candidate for extreme makeover lop-sided breast addition, and I am only about 5 foot 4. When I was working out everyday I was feeling so much perkier. Not as free flowing with fat. :) This all seems silly, but someday I hope to look back and be laughing my Jlo 'A' off! I did secretly love it when that was my prego nickname, because I really do think Jlo is beautiful and the extra junk in the trunk well-tamed will someday be me! So, I am not going to give up...ironically, in my bible study I am doing I was reminded that in reference to Proverbs 23:7 How you see yourself will determine the fruit of your life.

No comments:

Updated Blog!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time, but please check out my new blog...all of my posts have linked so that was a success! :) MY N...