Friday, February 10, 2006

Just me and my boys moved! My husband took a new job, and it has been so far quite an experience. No one tells you when you decide to move more than 3 hours away from home that your little ones will be sick for at the minimum 18 months. So far in my new career path I have been covered in puke for 3 out of the 6 weeks we have been here. It has been an eye opening experience. I never knew you could go through a whole jumbo econ. box of diapers in a few days until we discovered the rodovirus. A nasty bug we may have picked up at snow school on the slopes. Our first day of family fun turned into a week of quarenteen. I do on the other hand feel that God has given me a fresh start with my kiddos, and a new outlook on mothering and parenting all together! I worked my tail off teaching for the last 10 years...dropping the kids off at the babysitter (whom they called 'grandma') and excitedly started my oldest at preschool this last year. I really had the best of all worlds. My hours allowed me to transport my oldest to and from school and still usually make it home before 4. Between running everywhere and trying to overdo my job at school with too many tasks...by the time I did get home I was spent. The joy today comes in not getting dressed until 10 a.m. because I spent the morning making Valentine's with the boys and being a nurse to the recovering rodo-victim. Three nights of little sleep are now not a big deal, because I will use the occasional naptime for a little snooze myself. My husband is working at a job that allows him great friends and a lot less workload for a lot more money. He feels respected and valued. He deserves to feel that way. Daily validation of a good decision comes when my sweetheart still asks me, "Mommy is today a school day, or a grandma day?" I proudly tell him that today is a mommy and the boys day! He gets really excited!!

1 comment:

Shehopper said...

Excellent first journal entry. I am going to enjoy reading many more!! I love to hear about my wonderful nephews.

Updated Blog!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time, but please check out my new blog...all of my posts have linked so that was a success! :) MY N...