Tuesday, April 04, 2006

finding a balance

What does this mean anyway? I am having a hard time right now doing that. I used to teach 140 kids a day, be a decent mom, good wife, and never perfected the housekeeping gig...but oh well! Now I get to stay home. I love every minute of it. I get to work out daily, set my own schedule, reward myself for a job well done, and even hear and see everything my little guys do. Here are my only issues. I used to work with 40+ women every day. These ladies were in the same boat I was in with the list of daily duties. They were my friends. They could sympathize, and another thing we all shared was the love of teaching. So...which do I prefer? Well, considering my 4 year old seems to need counseling for his lack of friends and grandparents in our new state, and my husband's job is nothing more than a job?? I am not sure. The money flows like rivers here, but is that enough? That is certainly not what life is made of...it is made of family, friends, faith, and relationships. It is knowing that your child is safe and flourishing. It is loving whatever you are doing...Wherever you are doing it, and making the most of every situation. It is not taking for granted the importance of stability and community.

1 comment:

SuperMom said...

Sounds like you're feeling lonely. Have you found a church yet? Just thinking you need to make some good friends...with 4 year old children ;-)

Updated Blog!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time, but please check out my new blog...all of my posts have linked so that was a success! :) MY N...