Friday, May 05, 2006

taterisms

My son, oldest of two sons, is a 4 year old comedian. His granny calls him 'brilliant and special' and I just love that because he already believes it. In this world, self-esteem can be everything. I am so greatful that as an adult I realize this and want a healthy dose of encouragement given to my kids (not to mention the obvious healthy dose of discipline!). Here are a few things he has recently said that I have been making note of that I don't ever want to forget...

Hey mom, I know all about that sin bear. If you feed him too often you may not go to Heaven.

Hey brother, I only know two people in heaven...God and C.C's mom (would have been his Great Great Grandmother).

Yes, we did talk about Easter in my class at church...The stone is rolled away, HE IS RISEN! HAL-E-LU-A! HAL-E-LU-A!

Mom, can you do the robot? It goes something like this...he then demos the robot with 80's perfection. Not sure where that came from!

I can now spin spaghetti on my fork...I'm really getting used to being a man!

Mom, if there is an emergency or fire or something I know what a one looks like, but maybe you could push the 9.

I love Mr. Incredible, but how come Jesus is the greatest super?

I can move this chair to the table because I am using my inner strength.

Ok, I could go on all day and marvel at his cuteness! Yes, some of these took some explaining on our parts after they were said, but great conversation starters none the less. I am so grateful for a place to manage my thoughts other than post-it noting all of them to his scrapbook that still has nothing in it!!!!! Oh well, maybe by graduation...from med. school...:)

1 comment:

Shehopper said...

He is gifted and talented. He gets it from his oldest Aunt!!!

Updated Blog!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time, but please check out my new blog...all of my posts have linked so that was a success! :) MY N...