Thursday, October 19, 2006

thirty something

Do you remember that TV show? I used to think these people were old...
I had a birthday yesterday and 32 seems really old right now. I was loving yesterday. My boys went to the sitter/grandma's for a bit. I took my car in to have it serviced. Got to have lunch with all the ladies in my life. That's right mom, sis, sis, sis-in-law...all in one spot!! Went to see one of my bestest friend's new little baby (fought off hormonal rages to have another one based on his little smell). Did a little window shopping alone, picked up some dog food and milk, then went to get the boys.
Last night was probably when my age began to set in. We were invited to 'corporate night' at OktoberFest here in town. I got a designated driver wristband so that I could drink all of the diet beverages I wanted all night. I thought that was a clever idea. I watched, laughed, watched, laughed...and remembered a time that I may have actually looked forward to dancing the chicken on top of those very same tables. It was fun! Safe and fun!
I think my favorite part of the day was coming home with my tipsy husband :) to see my mom so proudly displaying a jack-o-lantern that she and the boys had made. Drying the seeds of course that my oldest had washed one by one. The boys were tucked neatly in...tired and content.
I can't tell you how great it feels to be fulfilled in life. God continues to be good...His mercy is everlasting. He allowed our family to spread it's wings, fly back home to OK, and enjoy our existence...no matter our age.

3 comments:

Shehopper said...

I am so glad that you got to spread your wings and are back where you belong!!! I missed you. Those people on that Thirtysomething show were WAY older that we are!!

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

happy birthday. I just turned 37 a few weeks ago... and I feel realllly old. haha jenifer

~Kim said...

Jennifer,

Thanks so much for checking out my little blog! I checked yours and Ashley's out...you girls are awesome. Has anyone ever told you that? It's true! Your little guys are gorgeous...seriously, they are so adorable no wonder you are having so much fun with them! I keep asking mom if she knows when/where Shane is singing. I would love to hear him sometime.

How awesome that Andy is having a little girl...when are they due? Do they have a name picked out yet? Your little guys won't know what to do with a princess on their hands! Tell him congratulations for me...I hear we are supposed to be getting together soon to plan our reunion.

I will add you to my blog list and check on you guys!

~Kim

Updated Blog!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time, but please check out my new blog...all of my posts have linked so that was a success! :) MY N...