Monday, October 20, 2008

potato head pirate pumpkin :)
my 6 things...

my friend dawn gave me this little 'award'. cracks me up because i have always noticed these blog awards, but didn't know they came with a price :) it is a chain letter of sorts, so if i pass this award on to you and you don't have that kind of time...i completely understand!!!

List 6 things that make you happy:
my boys...all of them. saturday was my birthday and shane played at legend's bbq. (if you have never heard him sing go to http://www.ashleyhopper.com/ and he is the background music for my sister's photog site) my sweet family met us there for dinner and the boys were going to get on stage with daddy and sing me happy birthday. tate had even drawn a picture of the big event and it was complete with cousins bobby, haley on stage and ava sitting on the steps to the stage all singing happy birthday to mom! these boys always make me smile. they are my life. my husband bought me the most perfect card and wrote something in it that i have needed to hear for a long time. 'let's both start taking life as it comes, then more importantly, letting it go when we need to' i have recently been in a funk (which i am proud to say almost never happens to me) over some friend issues. sounds like i'm 12 years old, well, that is what it felt like. no matter what the outcome may have been, i now need to just let it go and stand firm in the knowledge that my God has provided me with multitudes of wonderful friends throughout my life, and more importantly an incredible family. my husband is my best friend and i appreciate him so much...

number 2. the bible. i came across an old bible study book about realizing you're already a virtuous woman in Christ. i had done it when we lived in CO. it's timing was perfect. 'she looks well to how things go in her household, and the bread of idleness she will not eat.' proverbs 31:27 bread of idleness for me = gossip, discontent, self-pity

i am through eating that bread...too many time wasting carbs!!! i have better ways to spend my life on Earth.


3. pumpkins. take your kids to carmichael's in bixby!! stealing grams from work early to go with us for camel and pony rides @ the pumpkin patch. perfect weather. what else could you ask for???
4. keeping secrets from my little sis who will be home for thanksgiving. we want to WOW her with all the new hotspots after a day of black friday christmas shopping. so fun to talk to her and give her little hints about our 'plans' she is a hip chick who is very missed!!


5. blue diamond natural brown sugar and cinnamon almonds. a recent diagnosis of two types of arthritis will jump start you into a new lifestyle. after visiting the arthritis center and seeing all of the pictures of the crippling effects it can bring, i have researched the most natural ways to feel better. the paleolithic diet approach is basically eating all things hunted or gathered. the lack of carbs and preservatives will lessen the flare ups and ease the joint stress. -11 pounds and several inches has made a dif already. i feel better. but these little almonds have helped me through a few rough spots.


6. reasor's online shopping. see previous post :) unbeatable happiness when pulling through that drive thru!!!!!! yea reasor's!

ok ladies, tag you're it...and the award goes to:






4 comments:

Dawn said...

Yay! I'm so glad you played along.

What is it with some women? There is nothing worse than being our age and yet feeling like we're in jr. high! I'm glad you are able to let by-gones be by-gones. So much healthier.

Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you all had a great time. And, so sweet of the whole gang to get up and sing to you. You have such a wonderful wonderful family.

~Kim said...

Awe, thanks for the 'award' Jennifer! I will definitely play along...soon, I promise!

So awesome that the boys all serenaded you...what sweet boys you have! Hope you had a happy birthday.

Love those pumpkin patch pictures, especially that one of your mom and Wyatt. That little man always looks so happy. What a cutie!!

Arthritis? OUCH! It sounds like you have done your research and are ahead of the game in treating it.

That makes me so sad that you are having such issues with 'friends'...you are too sweet of a girl to have people not be nice back to you. Trust me, your life will be richer and so much better without crappy people like them I'll be your friend Jennifer! : ) Hang in there...people with a true genuine heart are hard to come by and you definitely have a heart of gold!

Take care of my mom for me, ok? She needs another set of eyes watching out for her! : )

~Kim

Anonymous said...

I love to hear that your birthday was so great...even though I wasn't there. And thanks for the shout out!!! I can't for Thanksgiving!
Love you...miss you.
Em

Jeanne said...

Why thank you Jennifer! I will be posting my six things tonight...

Hey that friend thing - been there done that - and you've got the right idea - Let it go and move on.
It's their loss - losing your friendship. Hang in there.

Updated Blog!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time, but please check out my new blog...all of my posts have linked so that was a success! :) MY N...