Sunday, October 12, 2008

new blankie...

lollie (a.k.a. grandma ed) made wyatt a new blanket and in the box that she sent i found something else so special. she had kept the flowers that she and my dad and the kids had worn during shane and i's wedding. it was this perfectly preserved set of memories that made me cry the second i saw them. that box had been through a lot, but managed to remind me of everything from that incredible day and from the last 8 1/2 years. the crazy thing is, with my dad's job that box of flowers had moved 6 times and been through 2 hurricanes! amazing! thank you lollie for sending such wonderful, priceless treasures. my boys will forever love their soft, special, chenielle, one of a kind 'lollie-pop' blankies!!


yesterday, we ventured out to the most glorious place on earth...no, not the grand canyon or pikes peak, but the pumpkin patch. to me, it is just another one of God's miracles. maybe it is because i have an october birthday or just because the weather this time of year is irresistible, but i will always believe that a pumpkin and i have some special connection. they are just so darn cute and the colors are awesome! i love just letting the boys loose with the maze and wheelbarrows and the hay. we had a ball and it's always a treat to have cousin b come with, oh yes, and you too granny!



3 comments:

Dawn said...

What a special surprise you got!! I remember when you got married! Boy, has life been filled with a lot of blessings or what?!?

I can't wait to take the girls to the pumpkin patch. I hope to make it out there this week.

Your little guy is so stinkin' cute!

~Kim said...

That can't possibly be Wyatt?!?! He's all sitting up by himself and being all like a big boy! How in the heck does that happen? Such cute pictures...thanks for the updated ones!

What a story behind those flowers too...so sweet of her to keep them and send them for you to reminisce upon.

I love pumpkins too. There's just something about them that intrigues me. Maybe it's because no two are alike and I always seem to lean towards the defective ones...it's like those blemishes just catch my eye.

Happy Birthday...heck take the entire month to celebrate!

~Kim

Dawn said...

Hey girl... I have a little somethin' somethin' for you on my blog. Check it out! :)

Updated Blog!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time, but please check out my new blog...all of my posts have linked so that was a success! :) MY N...