Wednesday, February 11, 2009

hope for every man...

knowing the recent turn in the economy would likely hit hard for someone i know, i am sad to say that it has come to pass. my little sister will be moving back soon from denver. we are glad, but it came with a lay-off and with the underlying promise of less pay in the future. i sat through parent/teacher conferences tonight with a crying mom who had just lost her job. my teaching partner and i were brainstorming with her about prom dresses for her oldest and how we can find this girl a dress and my grandma can alter anything. very sad, but we tried to give her some hope and resources.

with all of the doom and gloom that seems to be lurking, i just have to rely on the hope that comes in our Savior. 'there is NONE like YOU, no one else can touch my heart like YOU do' music is such a big part of our family. when i feel like i am getting overwhelmed, i like to pick a song for the day to replay in my mind. recently, i have been LOVING Casting Crowns. shane is even leading a night of praise at my sister's church coming up and we decided when picking out songs that it could easily be a Casting Crowns cover concert.

i find comfort for myself and for the burdens of others in these lyrics:



There is hope for every man

A solid place where we can stand

In this dry and weary land

There is hope for every man

There is Love that never dies

There is peace in troubled times

Will we help them understand?

Jesus is hope for every man



i also find it challenging. that second to the last line there is telling me that i need to take part. even if i do teach public school. i will still tell parents that i will pray for them and mean it and do it.

last week was hard for me. working is hard. being a wife and mommy is so rewarding and attempting to be a great one is hard. my husband was sick last week and he scared me a few times. i was thankful for many things. my neighbor who checked on me later in the week after hearing about a few bad nights. my mother-in-law and sisters who came to my rescue with the boys for after school pick-ups and playtime. thanks!

i am, as always, thankful for my many blessings and pray that life seems easier for those who are in need and hurting. i hate to feel defeated and hate for others to feel that way too.

i know that no one really wants to read all of this, so i will put a cute picture on to satisfy that need (dad)... here is true contentment after an afternoon of playing with big brothers.


3 comments:

~Kim said...

What a PERFECT song Jennifer!! I am going to have to look it up and listen to the entire thing.

Love that picture of your little guy. So peaceful and hopeful.

Give my mom the details on what kind of dress you are looking for (size, style, etc.). I have a dress hanging in the closet that I bought last year for my niece who was in a similar situation. MAYBE, just MAYBE that dress could work. I think it's a size 6.

~Kim

Anonymous said...

Jennifer....it's Penni Aurilio...read in your post about someone needing a prom dress. I have a closetful...can you tell me what size this girls needs, if she still needs one? pennia@sbcglobal.net

auriliop@owasso.k12.ok.us

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you were able to help out that family. You have such a huge heart!

That picture of Wyatt is precious.

Updated Blog!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time, but please check out my new blog...all of my posts have linked so that was a success! :) MY N...